2015 Ironstone Malbec

$70.00$378.00

Clear
2015 Ironstone Malbec

Tasting Notes

SKU: N/A Category:

For this rare release we hand picked exceptional fruit from 3rd generation grower Gary Oakley, whose family planted their first McLaren Vale vineyard in 1925. This exceptional parcel was
planted in fine sandy red/brown loam, over silica – cemented conglomerate and red/yellow friable clays. The low yield of concentrated fruit offered from these vines in 2015 provided us the quality and finesse to release this wine under our Iconic Ironstone label.
We barrel fermented 20% of the juice in the new French oak barriques, with the other 80% matured in older French and American oak to maintain primary fruit. Oak maturation was limited to 9
months to ensure vibrancy and freshness of varietal character.
This wonderfully perfumed wine displays a bouquet of violets, spicy blackberry and cherryripe, with hints of smoky cedary oak and fruit cake. The palate delivers intense blackberry, colossal kalamata olive, boysenberry, rhubarb pie and bramble, complemented by herbaceous notes, subtle nutty oak, all enveloped by silky soft tannins and great length of flavour.
The wine is very approachable in its youth, or will reward with careful cellaring.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “2015 Ironstone Malbec”